Holy Snail Poo Batman!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

daizeUK

Fish Botherer
Reaction score
My last order of plants came with snail eggs which I didn't realise until I found snails crawling around my tank for the first time.
I kept a little tray of offcuts and stray bits of plants, checked today and sure enough there are at least two snails living in there.
Click on the picture to enlarge - see all those little brown bits?  That's how much poo a couple of snails produce over a week or two. 
ohmy.png

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 72
@Alita, they are good algae eaters, thus can keep your glass and decor clean. But they are very messy critters. I have 2 mystery snails in my betta sorority, and they produce about 3" of poo in 2 weeks time. 
cool1.gif
 Thankfully, with the way my filter flow is, it blows it mostly in one spot so I can spot clean and suck it out on a weekly basis. 
tongue2.gif

Good to know the difference :) I don't have any algae so I think I'll stay away from snails - that's a lot of poop!

Also meant to add, they need more than just algae in a tank! They need algae wafers and such too. :)  Of course, the more you feed, the more they poop! haha

Most reactions

trending

Back