Holiday pics from South Africa

no holiday shots would be complete without the traditional 'sunset' shots!
 

Attachments

  • 2004_SouthAfrica_umfolozi_238.webp
    2004_SouthAfrica_umfolozi_238.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 144
:D
 

Attachments

  • 2004_SouthAfrica_umfolozi_239.webp
    2004_SouthAfrica_umfolozi_239.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 135
Can't resist one more!!

This one from our lodge, having a beer watching the sun go down! ;)
 

Attachments

  • 2004_SouthAfrica_umfolozi_254.webp
    2004_SouthAfrica_umfolozi_254.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 120
Next to the coastal marshland of Mapelene, where we saw hippos lying around in the mud...
 

Attachments

  • maphelane279.webp
    maphelane279.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 154
Crocodile infested river leading to the sea (but saw no crocs!) :lol:
 

Attachments

  • maphelane284.webp
    maphelane284.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 146
and I just HAD to try and take an arty shot didn't I??!!

I have a few great shots from Ushaka marine world in Durban, (favourite one now in my avatar, first change ever!!) but I think I will start off a new topic to save this one getting annoyingly long!

hope you enjoyed these....when you eventually got to the end!!

jump
 

Attachments

  • maphelane298.webp
    maphelane298.webp
    14 KB · Views: 112
WOW :kewlpics: . I especially like the hippos. When I went we weren't lucky enough to see any :( .

But we did get a pic of a black rhino :P . UNfortunately its really bad lol.
 
jumpman said:
Luckily we didn't almost walk into this beast or we would've been in trouble!!
He looks like he doesn't have any eyes! I know they're there somewhere, but.... :)

Incredible, amazing, awesome, beautiful pictures of scenery and critters and such! Looks like you had a blast!

then the happy couple brought out the youngster when they decided we were no threat....
Awwwww......so cute!

Lovely sunset pics... (Okay, every picture was lovely!)

Edit: Added comments on giraffe and sunset pictures.

Pamela
aka Lizard
 
Cheers Pamela James & co!!

James, would be great to see your black rhino pic, whatever the quality!!

Am busy preparing pics from the huge aquarium centre I visited in Durban....will post soon, too many pics to edit and sort through! :blink:

jump
 
Beautiful shots! You're very fortunate to have visited these places and viewed the wildlife. My boss goes to South Africa each year for hunting. He's invited me to go, but I'd rather see the animals alive...always.

Thank you for sharing these pictures!
 
Thanks, and from a local yokel as well! :lol:

where abouts is Rustenburg Silly me???
 

Most reactions

Back
Top