Holes In Bottom Of Air Pump

VespertineStar

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
GY, UK
Hi

My air pump is quite noisy but I have found the source of it. There are four small holes on the bottom of the air pump which seems to be some sort of vent. If i cover the vent with my finger the air pump becomes near silent and still seems to work. There is a slight air flow from the holes. Can I cover these holes or will it kill the pump if i do?
 
Hi

My air pump is quite noisy but I have found the source of it. There are four small holes on the bottom of the air pump which seems to be some sort of vent. If i cover the vent with my finger the air pump becomes near silent and still seems to work. There is a slight air flow from the holes. Can I cover these holes or will it kill the pump if i do?

Could be there to allow the motor to cool - it might overheat.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top