Hmmmmm. Can I Fit Any More Fish In?

tibby25731

Fish Herder
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Manchester, England
OK, I think my 4ft tank, 210 litres, is almost full. You can see from my signature who lives there. I am not planning to breed anything in there, am using a separate tank for my kribs to breed in. And I don't think my 2 dwarf gouramis in quarantine are gonna make it :(
So....... I would like to put one more giant danio in there to shoal with the other 4, they are almost shoaling together but I think 1 more would help. Also, my 3 neon tetras are a bit lost, I was thinking of adding another 5. And lastly, I would like to add say 7 zebra danios. Can I do this? If my dwarf gouramis pull through, only 1 of them will go to live in this tank as they don't like each other very much, and I will rehome the other one.
 
OK, I think my 4ft tank, 210 litres, is almost full. You can see from my signature who lives there. I am not planning to breed anything in there, am using a separate tank for my kribs to breed in. And I don't think my 2 dwarf gouramis in quarantine are gonna make it :(
So....... I would like to put one more giant danio in there to shoal with the other 4, they are almost shoaling together but I think 1 more would help. Also, my 3 neon tetras are a bit lost, I was thinking of adding another 5. And lastly, I would like to add say 7 zebra danios. Can I do this? If my dwarf gouramis pull through, only 1 of them will go to live in this tank as they don't like each other very much, and I will rehome the other one.

You don't seem stocked to me yet if you add them slowly you can have a few more fish in there, tetras are tiny anyway they would hardly affect the bioload.
 
:) Got another giant danio, 6 neon tetras and 6 glowlight tetras. 2 of the glowlights are shoaling with the neons already so i am hopeful they will all shoal together! No zebra danios :( but never mind, another time.
 
Well I am overstocked but do regular water changes and keep the filters working at their best.
 
:) Got another giant danio, 6 neon tetras and 6 glowlight tetras. 2 of the glowlights are shoaling with the neons already so i am hopeful they will all shoal together! No zebra danios :( but never mind, another time.

I said add SLOOOOOWLY lol
 
Ah but they are all in quarantine. moved other fish out of there into my new tank so the bacterias will be able to cope with them. Gonna move the giant danio over next week if all is OK, but will probably leave the tetras for a while because they are only babies, soooo small! :) Will move them into the main tank at the end of the month before I go on hols I think :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top