Hmm Would This Be Fine?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PRW1988

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Okay, so I have some angelfish in my 55gallon tank right now, they're about 4" from head to tail, my friend just dumped his 2 jewel cichlids off on me with his 10gallon tank (yes he actually kept them in a 10gallon tank) and I feel awful for them. Now, my angels are pretty tough, and I was curious to know if they'd be fine in the tank with the Angels? The tank also contain 2 severums (temperary home, going into the 125 - 180 gallon tank I'm getting on my b-day :D) 10 black skirt tetras, 1 dinosaur bichir, 1 RTBS, 1 clown plec, 1 peacock eel, 1 clown loach (his friends died and I haven't had the time to take him to my LFS to give him in), oh and their are 3 Angel fish, now yes... I know, the tank is overstocked, however all the fish are quiet happy, I have a 45 gallon canaster filter on it (Rena XP1) and 2 70 gallon aqua clear filters on it, plenty of filtration and plenty of oxygen ( a 60gallon oxygen pump)...

Would the 2 Jewels be fine in the tank until I get my larger tank for my b-day? Or would they be too agressive??

The jewells if a pair will definately do some damage to ur Angels. If they arent a pair there is still a strong possibility of it. I wouldnt chance it, unless its a matter of weeks. Ur Angels tho they may look robust just wont be fst enough to defend themselves.

The jewells if a pair will definately do some damage to ur Angels. If they arent a pair there is still a strong possibility of it. I wouldnt chance it, unless its a matter of weeks. Ur Angels tho they may look robust just wont be fst enough to defend themselves.
[/quote

Spot on.

Alright, thanks much, I guess I'll bring em to my LFS when as soon as I can, unfortunatly that won't be until sunday at the earliest :( but I guess they'll be fine until then...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back