Hillstream Loaches?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Malex530

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am planning a hilstream loach tank and I needed some help. I was wondering if the fish would be compatable

Assorted loaches

Gobys. The ones from www.franksaquarium.com

Danio

Flower shrimp I think.

Also places to buy the loaches? Thanks!

If it helps I live in chicago.

Blondielovesfish said:
What size is this tank?

What is the filtration like?
+1
BTW what gobies exactly? no clue what the ones from franksaquarium.com is.

Blondielovesfish said:
What size is this tank?

What is the filtration like?

The tank is 70 gallons. Powerheads, algea, the tank has 2 biowheel filters rated for 50 gallons.

The hill stream loaches like cooler temps, ive kept them in warm tanks but only for like 2 month and now there in a cold tank with white could minnows.

Exactly what type of hillstream loaches are you looking at getting? Many loach species go under that as a common name.  I keep Gastromyzon species and have found them quite hardy, and peaceful amongst themselves and my other fish. While other people have kept Sewellia species and found them more demanding as well as aggressive towards each other.

Also what type of goby are you looking at getting? Most gobies are salt or brackish, there are only a few true fresh water gobies, some are cool water fish while others are more suited to tropical or subtropical tanks.

Stiphodon cf. simone
Rhinogobius rubromaculatus
Stiphodon percnopterygionus
Stiphodon atropurpureus
As for the loaches I don't know were to get them all I know is that they are loaches. Were did you buy yours if you don't mind me asking?

I got mine from a local pet shop, but I picked the different ones that I have carefully, because the shop got a mix of species and had them all labelled under the one name of Borneo Sucker.

The shop I get mine from does that too 
evilmad.gif

I bought three, to start with, and it wasn't until I got home that I noticed I had two spotty ones (which have turned out to be Gastromyxon scitulus) and one stripy one ('Tigger') that I still haven't been able to ID.

I went back for the next three, and asked for one spotty one and two stripy ones; got them home and discovered the stripy ones were different to the stripy one I already had! 
shout.gif

Poor Tigger is still friendless :-(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back