Hikari First Bites

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
I've been looking into a different type of fry food, as I'm beginning to think having these 5 live was a fluke. :lol: I am trying a new method of raising Zebra Danio fry, who show up every week. They're sooo extremely tiny I can't tell if they're eating or not! All I currently have is Liquifry food, and crushed flakes, though as tiny as I can get them, they don't seem interested. I've heard about Hikari First Bites (link), and am thinking about trying it. I haven't found them around here in any stores though, so I'll probably have to order. However, I don't wanna pay shipping if what I end up with isn't valuable. Does anyone have any experience with this type of fry food? Zebra Danio fry are EXTREMELY tiny, so if anyone knows if it is small enough for them, that would be great. Experiences? Pros/Cons? All help welcome, thanks!

Never tried it but I thought you might be interested in these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=20759

I've seen them before and I'm sure they'd be good for other fish besides bettas. These come ready to feed. I think the easiest way is to swab the side with a q-tip and then dip the q-tip in the tank water. It says they live for days in the tank so they won't die quickly and foul up your water. I'm getting some! (plus the shipping is pretty low ;) )

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Why not try to brew your own infusoria? That is what I'm planning to do for the fries that are too small for hatched brine shrimps... I'm also looking into vinegar eels but zebra' fries might be too small for these as well (not sure about that one).

Most reactions

Back