Hidom 75w heater

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BoningKnife

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I have been running a Hidom 75w thermostatic heater for a month or two. This is ran alongside a 50w Eheim heater.
So, I was very wary of the Hidom due to the fact its a brand I'd never heard of and was startlingly cheap. I bought it as a secondary heater as I noticed I was getting slight fluctuations a little to regularly with the eheim. Not enough wattage for the tanks location perhaps. Besides I'm a believer in always having a second just in case. For the task I required from it the Hidom heater has been perfect. Despite the low price it doesn't look or feel cheap, it just seems like a perfectly functional piece of gear. It's very much no thrills, but fluctuations are now essentially non existant and ultimately I feel confident with it. I can't remember the exact price but it was very much a budget item off of amazon. For what you pay and from my experience so far with it, I would have zero hesitation in recommending this heater to people.

That's good to no. When you say no thrills, what thrills do you get with a heater ? I ask cos iv just got glass tube second hand heaters which work fine so that's the limit of my experience .

Simply put, the fact you get an indication light when it's in operation is about as exciting as it gets. It as basic as a heater can be, which is no bad thing.

Cool. I'm not missing out then ! Bit wary if they blow though, but ok so far and tbh they rarely come on, I think the room temp and lights keep tanks at 25c.

I've not long got home from a walk with my son and dog. I was out more than an hour but less than two. Entirely my own fault but whilst I was out my electric had ran out, i had no idea it was even low. So I came home to electric being off throughout my house, dashed to top up the electric. In the time I had been out the tank had dropped about two and a half degrees celcius. Once the power was back on, within literally a matter of a few minutes my tank is back at the right temperature and seemingly steady again. I realise I'm running two heaters only one of which is the Hidom however it certainly seems to be playing its part well in my opinion.

Good save then . It will take many hrs for a tank to cool down so don't worry. You have it covered with 2 heaters,,, I don't.

That's good then. I'm trying to get to 24 but can't manage it cos of lights n room. Shrimp like a bit cooler .

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back