Hi ya'll agae problem

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

fishdude

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ok so i narrowed it down to what algae eating fish would be best if i have a real big algae problem and my lfs has available also my tank size 29. In order of what i think is the best algae eater and doesn't look like my zipper loach color because i need some new color. I heard pleco's poop alot from a post a while ago from olive, pleco poopalooza or sometin like that so that is also something i took in account. My tank readings on nitrite, nitrate and ammonia levels are pretty good. But my tank is so greenish. I can barely see my fish.

1. Gold algae eater. I like the yellow that way i can spot it real quick. :)
2. otto, looks good
3 chinese algae eaters, heard from various people these look very cute but sorta like my zipper loach.
4 rubber lipped pleco, eh as i heard poops alot not that i always go for looks but plecos always hide and dispose of waste alot. :D
5 Algae eater, looks like my zipper loach.

I want ur opinion of what i should pick in my 29. Also none of my fish really attack other fish unless they are bothered with which i don't think will happen. Tell me if you want me to post my other fish. Remember i'm looking for the best one to clear algae fast.

I think a shoal of otos would be nice. Mine never stop eating algae, and they're the most adorable 'lil guys :wub:

I would also recommend getting an algae magnet. They are relatively inexpensive and work like a charm!

yea I was told otherwise that algae eaters were the best from lfs. Grrrr my folks did a 85% water change when i wasn't there. It really ticks me off. Because the water i had prepared for only a 25% they thought they could use for filling up 85% of my 29. They didn't like the algae. I told them i was working on it. Now i have to do the cycling process again. My folks don't get it and have my money. They wont let me buy test kits. They think i don't have to cycle. My folks know little about animals. My dad thought a tadpole would not turn into a frog and asked me to buy it. It's been a bad day. :/ I don't have enough tank space for my fish to put them somewher else while i cycle :crazy: .

If everyone survived the 85 percent water change that's great. It really shouldn't affect the cycle of your tank as the bacteria is not really that present in the water so much as it is present on the surfaces like substrate and such. If there was a lot of chlorine in the water they added, that could kill your bacteria but your fish should have had trouble with that as well.
GLAD you are back - I really missed the dancing spiderman!!!

ALASKA

Most reactions

Back