Hi from the US

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lexiih36

Reaction score
Hello. I am pretty new to fish keeping, but it's been my new obsession. I just got my first fish yesterday after cycling for a few weeks. The thing that bought me here was 4 of them dying within that first day. It was pretty depressing.

Anyways I'm here to learn more about being a fish keeper and not yet 60% of my fish into the void on their first day. RIP fish C,D,E, and F.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If your fish get sick or die, post pictures of them so we can check them for diseases. Check the water quality too for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH and post the results in numbers.

For a number of fish to die on the same day you got them, it is either a water quality issue in the tank, or the fish were severly stressed out by being caught, bagged up and transported to your house.

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
It is a pity that some fish have died. But you're not the first novice aquarist that met up with this problem. But you're here to learn as you've already stated. Enjoy the forum!

I'm guessing you also had a fish A and B? I say that cause of the names "C,D,E,F"... What type of fish were they and how did you cycle the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back