Hi folks

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

sharkbait

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi I've just got into tropicals after coming back to England from a year in Oz living by the ocean. Scuba diving every few days there. I simply miss the critters. :(
So far so good, three dead tetras but it seems to have settled down now and the water quality is pretty good. ...But I've got lots to learn. :nod:

:hi:

I know what you mean I lived in Aus for a while, diving the barrier reef in the day and sleeping in the daintree rainforest that night WOW, but my trip put me off fish, anything bigger than a Molly gives me the willies now!

The size fish can get are scary......especially the reef sharks I saw, Very sharp at one end I hear! So I went and lived in Canberra, no sharks there!

I met some 2-3m long grey nurse off northern NSW. Seriously bitey looking sharks but harmless........or so they say...
......I'd need a bigger tank though. :nod:

bloody funny city canberra, everybody seems to leave on friday night.
and the diving's lousey. :D

Thing I found about Canberra, (and a few other "planned" modern cities - Brasilia springs to mind), is how far apart everything is, masses of open spaces, parks and gardens, all very nice, but you want to go from your office to a restaurant for lunch via your bank to pick up some cash, you need a car, and set out at about 10:30! No night life in Canberra.

For diving, I based myself at Airlie Beach.

Welcome to the forums by the way!

Hi Sharkbait

Welcome. You've come to the right place to ask questions. And it looks like you've made a few new friends already! Good to have you here.

Welcome welcome welcome.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, I wont hold it against you that you lived in a really nice place you jammy sod :)

Have fun

Matt
:)

Most reactions

Back