Hi Everyone- New here!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Acerrato

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! Iā€™m new here! Just wanted to introduce myself. I currently have a 55g freshwater tank that consists of 5 tetras, 3 Cory catfish, a pleco, and 4 mystery snails. I lost my dwarf gourami in my hospital tank last week.

Iā€™ve had fish for many years but only recently started educating myself on the nitrogen cycle, how to read water parameters, benefits of a planted tank, oxygenating the water.... etc.

About a month and a half ago, I made some big mistakes. I took filter media from a 30g tank and put it into my now 55g. Iā€™ve done this in the past which resulted in an instant cycle in the new tank. This time, i checked the water parameters in the new tank a few days after seeding the filter and all seemed okay - so I moved all of my fish over at once. I completely crashed whatever cycle that I had (if it was even cycled at all but I was sure it was cycled.....

Anyway- after a long month and a half, the tank finally cycled fully. It unfortunately had to be a fish-in cycle. My gourami was the only fish that got ill which was a total shame because he was 3 years old. He seemed to have developed mouth rot. I moved him to a hospital tank last week. (Yes- this tank was setup properly).... he died 1 day after being put in the hospital tank with medication.

Iā€™ve joined this group because I want to be sure Iā€™m educated in all things fish/keeping water.
Thanks for listening,

Amanda

Welcome to TFF :fish: you've certainly come to the right site to learn. :)

Last edited:
Welcome! You will learn and grow here. Glad to have you join.

Hello and welcome. Don't be hard on yourself - you were doing the right things, it just doesn't work out that time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back