Hi all

pahansen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi. Now that I've posted all of my pressing questions, I suppose I should actually introduce myself. :whistle:

My name is Pamela and I'm in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Our tank is fairly new (about 6 weeks old). So far we have two Cherry Barbs, a Gold Nugget Pleco called Plexico (any Steelers fans or football fanatics should get the joke), an icky shrimp and a dwarf albino African frog.

The frog is on his way out. He was a "gift" from my dad (after I specifically told him I didn't want a frog, especially not one I could watch the blood flow through...) for my son, who is one year old. Ditto with the stupid shrimp, which I assume will eventually get eaten. (Actually, he'll probably be the longest living thing in the tank! Ick. It's like having insects in your water.) Anywho, the frog is going to friends who are currently getting ready to set up a tank. They think he's cool.

Our future plans are to keep the barbs and pleco and to add two gouramis and an African Butterfly, assuming they will play nicely together. (The subject of my other posts in the Gouramis and Oddballs sections...) Viola -- the completed tank.

I also have live plants in the tank, which I'm really into. I like them so much better than plastic. We had a sword plant, which I liked a lot, but it got chomped by the Plexico. There are currently a few pennywort, which I'll probably toss out in exchange for Java Fern, and anacharis, which has gone wild, wild, wild! I'm going to try anubias (as suggested elsewhere) and see if Plexico will leave them alone. :)

I guess that's it. We're really loving the tank. We also have two bid dogs and two cats, and I think I'd trade them all for more fish! ;whistle: Not only are the fish low-maintanence, they're relaxing to watch. (Unlike the aforementioned animals...) And they don't make noise!

I guess that's it about us. I'm glad to get to know all of you helpful people. This really seems like a friendly forum.

-- Pamela

:whistle:

Woohoo awesome tank! What size and shape is it?

Def. submit pics to the fish pics thread! Can't wait to see 'em!

Welcome and have fun :D

It's nothing special, a standard 20 gallon tank hand-me-down tank from my aunt. It's about 30 years old. It does have some nifty chrome trim at the top and corners, though. It's funny, we've found the barbs hanging out in the corners vertically just hiding. It's actually a pretty effective place to hide (from us, at least).

Most reactions

Back