Hi all

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Azzer2k

Reaction score
Hi people, i have recently started my first tropical aquarium after a reasonable amount of research. A work colleague gave me a tank, a fluval edge 23L. I was going to buy a much bigger tank but took him up on this offer and thought id use it as a trial to see if i wanted a bigger tank. Although after reading apparently this is to small for the neon tetra i have put in they seem to be doing really well and after following the advice of the aquatic center i had them from, none have died. I have 5 in the tank and was going to up this to 10 but i am now thinking maybe 8 maximum, can anyone give me any advice on how many would be suitable?

Hello 👋🏻

I'm afraid a lot of us will say 0 😕 23l is just not big enough, I'd put nothing but shrimp in that small a tank. Not your fault, you're brand new to the hobby! Do yourself a favour and get yourself a tank as big as you can afford 👍🏻 you won't regret it and we're a lovely bunch here who can help you with set up and the rest 😁 welcome aboard matey!

Welcome to TFF

Agree with the above, 23L (a little over 6 USG) is not large enough for any tetras

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
Neon tetras need a wide tank.

Most reactions

Back