hey guys remember that i posted a topic saying

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think u can put the mom in a breeding trap and when she gives birth, the fry will/can swim down to the lower compartment that's only frys r small enough to get thru (that's my breeding trap I bought ages ago - "Floating 2 in 1 fish hatchery breeding and fry trap" - Hagen). So the frys wil b safe coz I heard the mom will sometimes eat the frys too! :eek:

Ive used a breeding trap b4, theyre great with the separator. Just put the extremely fat bellied mommy in the top, leave and hey presto lots of eyes and tails in the bottom, safe and sound

i have saw those breeding traps before but will my pregnant platy strees out when i put her in the breeding trap? and i'm not even sure if she will have any more babies, i used to have 3 platty and now i only have 2 cause 1 died and tat might be her mate, so will my platty still give birth next month without a mate? -_-

Kev

Kevin,
My mollies do stress out a bit when I put them in the breeder trap, but will settle down within a day. You might also leave the lights off a bit more than usual while she's trapped so much closer to the light. Personally I would rather stress the mama by placing her in the trap than have her tankmates chase her all over trying to eat the fry as soon as they are born. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Congrats on the fry! Platies are tiny!

yea, u're rihgt it is better, tto put her in the breeding trap then to let her being chased around, thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back