Hey Guys Its Been A While...

Imcanadieneh

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Michigan
I have had a tank for my female bettas for a while now and yesterday I had one pass. It was sad because I had her for just under a year...but I got her from the store so she may have been old. Anyways I now have 4 of them and I don't want to keep getting new female bettas because they are territorial and yes they do fight but they have plenty of hiding places. It just gets old when they change the order of heieriachy (sp). What I'm trying to say is that once the ones I have now pass away I wpuld like to get another type of tropical fish that don't fight. What would you guys suggest? Its a 10 gallon tank but I would like some that are I guess interesting to see.
 
You could keep other types of Betta, not the common Betta splendens, but something more unusual like B. imbellis or B. pugnax. B. pugnax are cool and brood the eggs in their mouth before spitting out little babies. You could also go for some of the smaller gouramis like Licorice, chocolate, sparkling or honey dwarf gouramis. They are all much more peaceful than B. splendens.
Alternatively go for a group of tetras like neons, black phantoms, lemon tetras or something like that. Pseudomugil rainbowfish would be fine in that size tank as would Iriatherina werneri.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top