Hermit Crabs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Afroman22

Reaction score
I have a 20 gallon long tank with 4 hermit crabs in it and on 4 different sites it says to give them a bath once a week, do I need to add stress coat and aquarium salt to the water that I put them in to give them a bath? Also I know to treat the water as if it was going into a fish tank.

Anyone? Surely after 19 views somebody would know something about hermit crabs. -_-

first of all, there are 2 kinsd of hermits. Marine, and land. Land hermits need to be given a bath and scrubbed and washed. Marine hermits don't need to. If you are submersing your hermits, they must be the marine kind so you should ask in the marine invetibrates forum.

There's a very, very active hermit crab forum called hermitcrabassociation (http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/index.php), where people know loads about Land hermit crabs.

While there are owners of land hermit crabs here, there isn't much discussion of it, and all of the land hermit crab discussion takes place in the 'other pets' forum, because they aren't aquatic.

Bathing, from my research, is a bit controversial. I would research your specific land crab and the pros and cons of bathing before doing anything, with specific focus on Stress Coat. These days, Stress Coat has fallen into some disfavor amongst owners.

Most reactions

Back