Here I go again 150 gallon reset.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cat doing balancing act on the thin glass. I can't get over how cute she is!!! also what are the ledges on the inside of the tank?
The ledges are designed to hold the pot plants that will be on top of the tank. There will be about 10mm of water across the ledges, they protect the fry from the adult fish.

This sounds like It will be an awesome tank and a very cool journal to follow! 150 gallons... I'm jealous! My 29g probably holds less water than your filter 😆

Stand built, tank in place. Now for the fun part.
20211116_161916.jpg

OOOh what are you going to put in it? You said tetras so I would say congo tetras as they are large and cool and pretty. Also they're hella fast. You going to do an aquascape?

OOOh what are you going to put in it? You said tetras so I would say congo tetras as they are large and cool and pretty. Also they're hella fast. You going to do an aquascape?
We want something that will continually breed, so at this stage we think Black Phantoms aiming to have around 100-150 eventually. Also, Pygmy Cats aim to have around 100. We will only start with around ten of each. Maybe a pair of whiptails as well. It will be fully aquascaped and planted.

Optimal viewing area! I always worry about algae when tanks are near the windows like that...but you have a plan, yes?
I have curtains🤣. Actually, I will rely on the natural light and then boast with artificial light if I think it is needed. I would say in this position around 4 hours extra light per day

I have curtains🤣. Actually, I will rely on the natural light and then boast with artificial light if I think it is needed. I would say in this position around 4 hours extra light per day
Saves on electric anyhow 😅

Honestly I don't think sunlight is that big of a deal. If your nutrient levels are stable, you don't extend the lighting period too much with artificial lighting and you have plenty of good plant growth algae wont be an issue.

Nice work on the stand, looks great.

Sorry if I missed it are you only using the UGF or is that a supplement for another filter? You going for reverse flow? Makes sense if you are planning for a lot of breeding not to have heavy mechanical filtration.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back