Help_id This Fish

meguro

Fish Herder
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,413
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a good idea of what this fish is but just want to help confirm. I have a couple of other photos if they're necessary.

cropped1f.jpg


Thanks in advance.
 
This looks like a sucking loach, or Siamese algae eater

Gyrinocheilus aymonieri

It'd be so much easier if names were standardised

That's my tuppence worth anyway.

:-)
 
Thanks all. I thought it was a chinese algae eater but wasn't sure (flying foxes, sae, cae are all pretty similar).

Is it a good idea to have it in with angelfish, rams, keyholes, corys and bristlenose? I've read that you shouldn't have them with angelfish is all.
 
If you want a fish to eat algae, there are much better ones out there. Additionally, the chinese algae eaters tend to be pretty mean as adults.
 
Years ago I bought what I was told to be a SAE...turns out it was a mean old #### of a Flying Fox.

We named him Wesley Stripes. He was bad as!

I really loved him as he just looked so cool, but what a nightmare!!!

I hear otto's are great for keeping control of algae, but you wouldn't buy a dog just because you owned a dog bowl!

*oops, didn't think that was a swear word!*
 
watch the CAE with the Angels, when mature CAEs can learn to latch onto the Angels and feed on their slime covering
 

Most reactions

Back
Top