HELP!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

uptheiron

Reaction score
My largest Severum (named Hulk, he's big, he's green, and you wouldn't like him when he gets angry. You should see the state of my plants lol) has some small white growths on the base of his left pectoral fin. He is approx. 5 inches or so, and has had them about 2 weeks. Originally there was one, and now there is three, but they havent gotten any bigger in a week, and they don't seem to be bothering him at all. Also he is the only fish affected. Any ideas???

What size tank are the fish in a present ? I know from your previous posts that you have firemouths and convicts too,are they in the same tank? Cichlids create quite a lot of waste and need bigger tanks than most fish,if you have a pair of each of those fish in a tank less than 55 gallons with normal filtration then it could be fungus caused by poor water quallity.

I dont think they are fungus, it looks like just normal cells that have enlarged. They are about 3mm across and stand out about 1 mm. They resemble what ive been told about cauliflower disease???

My largest Severum (named Hulk, he's big, he's green, and you wouldn't like him when he gets angry.

I would. I'd feed him to my fishies. :D

uptheiron, what size tank, what else is in there and what filtration do you have? If it's what CFC asked about, then I hope you have hella-filtration going on in there. :blink:

yeah smb, theres a hell of a lot of filtration on it at the mo, but theres a lot of fish to warrant it. The tank was an unwanted one and all the fish i inherited, a few months ago, and i have no more space, but this weekend i am ordering 7 new tanks, so itll be sorted soon. the current one is 4ft by 15 inches square, with 2 internals, an undergravel and an external.

Most reactions

Back