Help!

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Well, as some may know from my old thread, my friend just started the hobby.

5g tank, 2 fish. (I think, a common goldfish and a black moor.)

They're pretty small, and he will rehome him once they grow larger.
The water is all cloudy, and he has no conitioner. I'm going to give him a starter pack conditioner. ( didnt need when I rehomed my fish)

How can I get rid of this cloudy water? Im goin to his house tmr to help him out. Full water change?

Or what? He started a few days ago.


EDIT ::

Also, I got a question bout my fish. Seems like my loaches and frogs don't bother the food I feed them. (introduced them some ocean plank last week) The ammonia levels are 0 but there are like leftovers around some parts of the gravel. Should I like, mess around and let the filter clean it up? :/
 
How long has your friend's tank been set up?

And you should always watch when you feed your fish. Don't do the drop and run method. Whatever your fish don't eat right then as you are watching needs to be siphoned out of the tank. Then you will know for sure how much they are eating.
 
Wel I know he didnt cycle..
its been up a few days.
Do you think it's because overfeeding?

Also, yeah I will monitor. I have monitered my fishes eating habits before but its been going great for months soo, i stopped monitoring regularly. (Too much hmwk, I usually feed and run backto my hmwk. Also in the morning I feed before I go to school. Wake up at 8, change and all that till 8:30, feed fish and I have to go asap.)

Should I get out the gravel, or something cause if I syphon it it'll probably stress my fish cause i'll have to add more water to the tank which will cause the temperature to go crazy. (Horrible when it comes to temperature stuff like that) .___.
 
They're pretty small, and he will rehome him once they grow larger
definatly NOT the way to think!! ( common goldies get massive )
in a tank this small the fishes growth will be stunted, he should return them to the lfs and get the tank cycled,otherwise he may not have any fish to worry about

for your own tank, you need to get a gravel vac and do it regularly,otherwise its like a time bomb sitting in the gravel, your levels of ammonia will rise and cause you a hell of a problem, i know it happend to me and one of my tanks
is your mates tank filtered??
cleaning the gravel wont stress the fish half as much as a reading of ammonia and nitrite, when you add the water back after a water change ( which should be done at least once a week when levels are normal) you can let the bucket sit so the water will get to room temp
if theres anything else you need to know, just ask, everyone is more than happy to help :)
goldfish are massive waste producers, so yeah i would get him to take them back and do a fishless cycle ( pinned topic at the top of welcome to the hobby section)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top