Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jasonskillz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my parrots hasnt ate anything for about 2 weeks now and he doesnt even look at the food
he looks like really depressed and bony from not eating enough
i have had this problem for some time and he keeps on doing this and eats after a really long while
i have a feeling that hes going to die so i dont know what to do
even when he tries to eat, he has a really hard time swallowing since there is something srong with his mouth
i kind of thinking if i kill him i might end his life so he doesnt need to suffer any longer, but it seems as if i cant do it
iv had this fish for about a year now, and he wasnt like that when i barely got him, he was full of live and ate like a pig
what do i do?
im kind of thinking about giving it back to my lfs or my friend

my parrots hasnt ate anything for about 2 weeks now and he doesnt even look at the food
he looks like really depressed and bony from not eating enough
i have had this problem for some time and he keeps on doing this and eats after a really long while
i have a feeling that hes going to die so i dont know what to do
even when he tries to eat, he has a really hard time swallowing since there is something srong with his mouth
i kind of thinking if i kill him i might end his life so he doesnt need to suffer any longer, but it seems as if i cant do it
iv had this fish for about a year now, and he wasnt like that when i barely got him, he was full of live and ate like a pig
what do i do?
im kind of thinking about giving it back to my lfs or my friend

1. What are your water quality readings? (PH, Nitrate, Nitrite and Ammonia)

2. What are you feeding him?

My parrot was like that for quite awhile.. was getting skinny, not really eating.. looking pretty depressed..

I moved it to a small tank by itself thinking it was being picked on.. but that didn't help..

So I moved it to a busier tank with all sorts of nice fish, and it has started eating again, and is looking a lot better.

hes not being bullied or anything
my water is fine and i feed him pellets
i gave him fruit even in really small peices and he still cant swallow it
i moved him to another tank for now but i think i am going to move him back
the aro kinda messed him up so hes better off with friendly gourami
anyone have more ideas?

yeah i would go with the tank condition part.. some fish just does better in a different environment..

that is the thing about these hybrids..they got a character of their own..

well good luck bro..sucks to know that your going through it..

hes not being bullied or anything
my water is fine and i feed him pellets
i gave him fruit even in really small peices and he still cant swallow it
i moved him to another tank for now but i think i am going to move him back
the aro kinda messed him up so hes better off with friendly gourami
anyone have more ideas?

your arrow will mess any fish up.

ask CFC. he jus got back from hols to find a 9" peacock bass dead.

your parrots dont stand a chance.

having sed that the arrow needs a bigger tank anyway....

i think this might sound messed up but i think hes better off dead so he doesnt need to suffer so much from hunger and depression.... :sad:
iv had this parrot for about a year and its kinda sad to see it in his condition

problem is that it cant eat and it can only eat blood worms but all my other fishes will probably get to the worms before that parrot does
it also doesnt have any appetite for now
so troublesome -_-

problem is that it cant eat and it can only eat blood worms but all my other fishes will probably get to the worms before that parrot does
it also doesnt have any appetite for now
so troublesome -_-

You could always get an in-tank refugium and feed him the blood worms in there until he perks up. I was going to suggest you try live foods like brine shrimp, etc.

Well you said all it eats is bloodworms.. so.. feed it bloodworms... if the other fish will get to the bloodworms first... find a way to get the bloodworms to the parrot...

Don't euthanize the fish.

i think this might sound messed up but i think hes better off dead so he doesnt need to suffer so much from hunger and depression.... :sad:
iv had this parrot for about a year and its kinda sad to see it in his condition

Don't kill him. Spot feed him blood worms if you have to.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back