Help With Zebra Danios

Super Dude

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I got 5 zebra danios. Sexes unknown. They were alone for a while, but now are accompanied by 2 otto's. The silver part of their tummy are quite a bit rounder on some rather than others. I haven't seen any abnormal behaviour. Here are some crappish pics:

untitled.jpg


untitled2.jpg


Are they pregnant? I really didn't plan on this. :huh:
 
Should I do anything to help the parents? I don't want no frys cause I don't got a extra tank for raising them. Will they lay and eat the eggs?
 
Zebra danios spawn constantly. You will never find survivors unless you do something to save the eggs so don't worry about it. When all of the zebras are swimming like crazy chasing each other from one end of the tank to the other, chances are good that they are spawning.
 
well, they do their fair share of chasing. lol. thanks for the help. :)
 
well, they do their fair share of chasing. lol. thanks for the help. :)

This is a subject I actually know a lot about lol. I have 6 Danio's in my tank and I find fry all of the time. I never see the eggs but I do see the fry clinging to the side of the tank. Whenever I see them, I scoop them out with a prescription bottle and put them in a net in another tank. From what I found out though first hand and read, most of them don't live and that's the case with mine. I guess because there is so many of them. If you do keep them, try and feed them baby brine shrimp. The fry have a hard time seeing the flakes or little bites made for fry. The swimming shrimp can easily be seen by the fry.

I never save the eggs since I never see them and I still find a lot of fry on the side of my tank. I guess if you really don't want them, you could leave them in the tank and the other fish will eat them. I didn't want that to happen though so I started scooping them out. The Danio's really do spawn constantly lol.
 
My female Danios look like they are going to explode half the time! Honestly, some days, I look at them and think, "That cannot be comfortable...". They. Are. FAT!!!!

I expect to hear a loud POP!! and see 'em go supernova...

:hyper:







(Kinda looks like me after Xmas dinner...)

:blush:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top