Help With Visitherm Heater

tibby25731

Fish Herder
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Manchester, England
HI

The tank I bought secondhand comes with a visitherm 250w heater. The temp is a little high right now, 80 degress, and I can't figure out which way to turn the heater down.... clockwise or anticlockwise? As I am going to bed soon, and will be out for 12 hours tomorrow, I don't wanna turn it the wrong way and have the temp rise even more.... the temp has been constant i think since the weekend so i just want to turn it down a notch each day till I hit about 76 degrees.... who has one of these heaters who can help me out??
 
Hi Tibby,

You need to turn the dial anti-clockwise to turn the temp down, or clockwise to turn the temp up.

:good:

BTT
 
Thanks BTT. The dial is really stiff on this heater and I'm not sure it is moving as much as it should. About how much do you think I need to turn it to reduce the temp by about 4 degrees? Half a rotation? A quarter? Sorry, I know it sounds stupid :P and I think I will replace the heater when I get paid because it is driving me mad!
 
A quarter, for mine at least. 80 is fine for most fish though, it's more important for it to be stable.
 
Thanks! I'll leave it for now and keep checking the temp... only put a thermometer in today after setting up the tank at the weekend, and hadn't worried as it felt the right temp to the touch. I guess as long as it is stable I will wait and buy another heater anyway becuase this one looks quite old... would rather replace it and keep this one as a spare! Yeah i am super paranoid when it comes to my fish!
 
Ah well the temp has dropped to 78 overnight, after my husband assured me he had turned it down a notch. So if this stays constant I will be happy and stop panicking for a while! :P
 

Most reactions

Back
Top