Help With Replacement Tank

tibby25731

Fish Herder
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Manchester, England
My TetraTec AquaArt 60 has sprung a leak :( It is a slow leak by the looks of things. I spoke to the LFS who have advised they will either refund me or swap the tank for me.
Any opinions on what is best to do? Swap for another AquaArt, or get a refund and buy another make? Preferably same dimensions as the AquaArt as I keep this tank divided for bettas, and would rather not have to buy new dividers. Width is the main measurement that has to be the same, or a little smaller! Though if there is a much better tank out there for a similar price let me know. I don't need it to have filter or heater as I am not using the supplied fileter and heater anyway, but tank MUST have a hood and decent light.
 
I'd get a like-for-like replacement. The tanks are good according to one of my collegues, and I don't know of anyone that has had an issue with that range :good: If it is under warrenty, get it replaced. I would not replace a tank outside warrenty though, I rather repair it at like 1/10th of the price unless it's realy scratched up....

All the best
Rabbut
 
The leak appears to be on the bottom somewhere, won't know till i empty it and look properly. it is a real slow leak, i suspect it has been like this for some time.... will post more info ASAP. Will probably take it back to the shop after work tomorrow.
 
well I have spoken to the lfs today and they are out of stock of the tetratec tank though they might get some in a delivery later this afternoon. they do have an elite 60 in stock though, which is the same depth and height as the tetratec but 3cm less in length - I am ok with that as the dividers will still fit! what do people think - are the elite tanks any good? I don't really want to leave things another day if possible, I was awake half the night last night listening for water pouring out of the tank! if I get home to find no water and dried up bettas there is gonna be BIG trouble. If the Elite range is crap though I would rather know!
 
The Filters supplied are not upto anything IMO. The Heaters are good, but I have no experience with the tanks themselves :sad:

HTH
Rabbut
 
thanks rabbut. Well i got the Elite as there were no stock of the Tetratec. I don't need a filter or heater anyway, I still have mine from the old tank :) so at least I have a back up filter and heater! Tank seems good, can't set it up yet cos the dressing table that the tank was on is wet :S and the surface is ruined! had to peel off the veneer. Got heaters on in the room to dry it out, I guess it will take a day or so. Bettas are emergency housed for now. Leak was the sealant along the bottom of the tank, it must have been happening foe a while going by the surface area that was soaked, and the fact that u haven't noticed the water level going down!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top