Help with my Tuxedo please.

Redkozza

New Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2021
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Points
3
Location
Portsmouth
Hello my female (confirmed) tux has had a very large swollen belly for about 3 months, no fry and I don't think she is pregnant, she is with 3 other confirmed females. She is swimming, eating and acting normal. Can anyone tell me why she is so swollen. I have a second female who isn't as large as her but has started to swell aswell.
 

Attachments

  • 16393236078536625219404748606641.webp
    16393236078536625219404748606641.webp
    252.2 KB · Views: 1,074
  • 16393236792143682119124176614856.webp
    16393236792143682119124176614856.webp
    274.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 16393237372638401811744645791505.webp
    16393237372638401811744645791505.webp
    290 KB · Views: 99
Hello my female (confirmed) tux has had a very large swollen belly for about 3 months, no fry and I don't think she is pregnant, she is with 3 other confirmed females. She is swimming, eating and acting normal. Can anyone tell me why she is so swollen. I have a second female who isn't as large as her but has started to swell aswell.
either bloated or preggo
probably bloated
feed a pea as laxative, you will notice a lot of big poops, that is when you know it worked
 
probably intestinal worms. see section 3 of the following link for treating intestinal worms in fish.

 
either bloated or preggo
probably bloated
feed a pea as laxative, you will notice a lot of big poops, that is when you know it worked
Do people feed fish regular peas to make them go poop?
 
either bloated or preggo
probably bloated
feed a pea as laxative, you will notice a lot of big poops, that is when you know it worked
Thank you for helping. I fed them shelled peas last night and hopefully this will help, all the fish jn the tank enjoyed them too lol
 
Which deworming medication did you use?
How long/ often did you treat them for worms?
Did you treat all your tanks at the same time?

------------------
If it isn't worms, the fish is either fat or has a growth (tumour or cyst) inside it
 
So I have had them seen by a specialist ( I'm a worry wart) and she is simply a very well rounded female 🤣 no worms or cysts, not pregnant or bloated. So I'm very relieved thank you all for your advice 😊
 

Most reactions

Back
Top