Help with Female Dwarf albino african clawed frog

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

amyaustin31

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm hoping to find some answers for a female dwarf albino clawed frog. (my son's frog, and he is not longer at home!). She is approximately 8 years old and has done very well over the years. She is in a 10 gallon tank that is filtered and monitored. My problem is that in the last 2-3 months, she has begun laying eggs almost daily! And its a crazy amount. She used to only lay eggs occasionally and it always seemed to coincide with a tank change. I've looked on line and cannot find if this is typical or not? And is there a way to reduce egg laying? Not sure if there is an environmental factor that has triggered this. Otherwise she is her usual voracious feeder and is very active and seems her usual self. The egg laying is just a pain as its difficult to keep the tank clean over time. Any insight would be appreciated!

The sudden change in water temperature is what triggered the egg laying. Since you donā€™t have a male, they are infertile and should be removed.

The sudden change in water temperature is what triggered the egg laying. Since you donā€™t have a male, they are infertile and should be removed.
Yes, previously she only laid eggs with a temp change, but lately there have been no temp changes and yet she is laying eggs at a crazy rate! Every 1-3 days. Is that typical?

I donā€™t think itā€™s typical, but itā€™s not necessarily uncommon, either.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back