Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help with diagnosing sunset thick lip gourami

Discussion in 'Gouramis and Anabantoids' started by Aquascaper2000, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Aquascaper2000

Aquascaper2000 New Member

Hello all! This is my first post on this forum. I need help with my sunset thick lip gourami!
    A week and a half or so ago I bought two male sunset thick lip gouramis and a rubber lip pleco from my LFS for my 20 gallon. I always read about keeping a pair of dwarf gouramis together so I thought a pair would be nice. However, this was a big mistake. I noticed right away one gourami was always more aggressive than the other male, so I moved the aggressive one to my 10 gallon, and moved the 5 cherry barbs in my 10 gallon tank to my 20 gallon.
    Interestingly enough, the aggressive gourami has the injury! I noticed this white lump on its cheek a few days ago while it was still in the 20 gal prior to the move to the 10 gallon. As if today, behavior is still normal- no erratic swimming, still eating. Ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates in both tanks are the same with 0,0, and 20 ppm. pH in 20 gallon is 6 (I have a large piece of driftwood in it) and in the 10 gallon pH is 7.6 (I have a sieryu stone aquascape setup). 10 gallon has been running since June 2017, and the 20 gallon has been running since December 2017. 20 gallon stocking as of today is: 1 rubber lip pleco, 1 sunset thick lip gourami, 5 cherry barbs
    10 gallon stocking: 1 sunset thick lip gourami, 1 otocinclus, a few ghost shrimp
    Attached are pics of the gourami in my 10 gal, and a top view I took while temp acclimating the gourami to the 10 gal.
    Thanks for any help!

Attached Files: