Help With Betta Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
My betta tank has Whisper 10 filters on them. They are recommended for betta tanks but my bettas always end up with some ragged edges on their dorsal fins. My current parameters are 0,0, and 10. PH is 7.8. KH is 89.5 and GH is 161.1. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
try using sponge filters? They have always worked great for me! Is it divided?

I also think that a sponge filter is best. Bubbling very slowly. But I feel still tanks are the best by far for bettas as this duplicates their natural habitat the closest. They come from waters with very little if any current. Better for those long fins too if they don't have to fight currents. Plant it heavily, do your periodic water changes and keep them warmer than most tropical fish. I think 82 degrees is best.

I agree with Back in the Fold. Sponge filters can still benefit your water even if it isn't on. The bacteria is still there. You can turn on the sponge filter in the morning to the afternoon, and then close it. Customize the time range all you want, but make sure there is at least 6-8 hours of flow and filtration going on. Use a control valve to adjust the flow rate.

Thanks, gang! I looked into sponge filters and may get some. However, I realized my PH is too high and I think that’s the problem. I added some IAL’s and driftwood to see if that helps. Wish me luck!

Thanks, gang! I looked into sponge filters and may get some. However, I realized my PH is too high and I think that’s the problem. I added some IAL’s and driftwood to see if that helps. Wish me luck!
No probs!! Just post here if u need more help!!!

Most reactions

Back