[Help]White Spots/growth On Young Black Angelfish? :s

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

msteer

Reaction score
Hi, I have already posted this but in a completely wrong topic and it doesn't seemed to have appeared, I am new... :p
I have recently purchased 3 young angelfish, now one of these angelfish seems to have white spots/growths, they are clumped together rather than being individual spots/growths.
Actually, looking at them closely, they don't really appear white at all, more of a 'silverish' colour - it's almost like his scales have fallen off?
No other fish in the task is showing these markings.

I have uploaded some photographs for you all to see, hopefully someone will be able to identify what it is.

2qx0p3p.jpg

2ih08w7.jpg

hwhaxg.jpg

Not ich, looks more like scabs after an injury. just keep the water clean, it should fix itself. Hard to tell really with the picture quality. maybe a closer shot if you can get one

I also thought they could be scabs, there are 2 other young angelfish in the tank and perhaps they have been fighting to settle the pecking order. He is also the smallest so perhaps he has suffered because of it, he seems healthy in general - always the first rushing to the food.
I will keep an eye on him to see if it gets any worse, I will also try and get a better picture.

Thanks for the help :)

Most reactions

Back