Help, Tank Leaking Above The Waterline?

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
Just done a water change on one of my tanks, its a rio 400, and I have noticed at the back in the corner a very very slight leak. I discovered it is comming from under the plastic surround at the top, and also one in the opposite corner, but at the front. My tank is not filled right to the level its about 2" under and both these leaks are above the waterline?

Could it be just condensation seeping somehow through the plastic surround at the top?

Ideas on how to stop it??

Thanks
 
Just done a water change on one of my tanks, its a rio 400, and I have noticed at the back in the corner a very very slight leak. I discovered it is comming from under the plastic surround at the top, and also one in the opposite corner, but at the front. My tank is not filled right to the level its about 2" under and both these leaks are above the waterline?

Could it be just condensation seeping somehow through the plastic surround at the top?

Ideas on how to stop it??

Thanks
I get that on my two Juwel Rekord tanks when using airstones in them. The spray condenses on the underneath of the lid and occasionaly a bit drips down the outside of the glass. I guess the same thing would happen if a lot of condensation were to collect there. What you've got sounds like condensation from the way you describe it, so if it's not causing a real problem then I wouldn't worry.
 
Just done a water change on one of my tanks, its a rio 400, and I have noticed at the back in the corner a very very slight leak. I discovered it is comming from under the plastic surround at the top, and also one in the opposite corner, but at the front. My tank is not filled right to the level its about 2" under and both these leaks are above the waterline?

Could it be just condensation seeping somehow through the plastic surround at the top?

Ideas on how to stop it??

Thanks
condensation si the only logical explaination. and nothing to worry about. it happens and little you can do to prevent it.
 
Thanks, I was guessing at condensation, I dont get it on the rio 300, although they dont have a spray bar like I have on the 400.

Thanks panic over.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top