Help possible Ick issue!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MaritimeMermaid83

Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Need some advice is this ick? Is only the one fish and it's just on the pectoral fins he's lethargic a bit but still getting around well. Just did a water change yesterday. Water parameters are good it is a well established tank going on rough 6 months doesn't house any other fish just the cories 1 cherry shrimp and mts and 1 nerite. Also on a side note I do have Ick guard but the problem is the other inhabitants has anyone used tetra ick guard with similar animals? Also from my research it looks like they appreciate high flow so I had my sponge filter wide open but as of today I did reduce flow because he seemed to be wobbling a bit in the video but I don't know if I should attribute that to flow or just him not feeling well.

Attachments

• 20221222_153455.jpg
    20221222_153455.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Does it look as though salt has been sprinkled over the fish? I can't tell from the photo.

Word of caution about meds - you list cherry shrimps and nerites and many ich meds are copper based which will kill shrimps and snails. Check the pack for warnings about this.

Does it look as though salt has been sprinkled over the fish? I can't tell from the photo.

Word of caution about meds - you list cherry shrimps and nerites and many ich meds are copper based which will kill shrimps and snails. Check the pack for warnings about this.

Yeah I've been reading about it and it's not really on the body just the pectoral fins looks like a fuzz perhaps a fungal infection? I know it's hard to see my cam at that great!

No I believe I have narrowed it down to at least a fungus because of my invertebrate residence I am treating with Kordon Rid Fungus because it is Invertebrate safe. I was only treating 1 a day but you can treat up to 3 times a day if necessary. Again its only the 1 cory and he still has a solid black strip patter (not pale) and is eating and getting around pretty decent. Hes a bit lethargic and does rest for periods but over all he seems ok. I just started to dose twice a days as of today. Has anyone had any success or even used this product before that might have some experience to offer? I really dont want to lose anyone of them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back