Help plz, Water to warm and cloudy!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Winzzy

Reaction score
I have no heater but my water is still 88F, and quite cloudy.

I am worried that My dwarf gourami is not going to do well in those conditions....
Help?

do you have air conditioning? how bright is the light on your tank? is it flouresent or incandesant (incandesant lights build alot of heat.)

ok the temp isnt good, your house has to be an oven for the water to get to 88 degrees.....as far as cloudy,is it a white cloudy or greenish cloudy.......the white cloudy could be a bacterial bloom and a water change will help take care of it. If it is green then it would be a algae bloom and while a water change would help its not going to solve the cause of the algae....Please let us know what you got so we can better help

Les

Tank is new setup 10 gal (un-cycled)... just added a Dwarf Gourami today (and six ghost shrimp, I was told they have almost no impact on bioload and would help make sure the uneaten food was taken care of)

I have two 20-25w, not sure which, incadesent bulbs that I turned off to try to lwer the heat.

Room temp is 80

Ammonia is reading at .50, fish has been in for six hours or so.

I dont think it was cloudy yesterday...

Wow, 88F...you could try ice packs around the tank to lower the temp, keeping an eye that it doesn't et too cold.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Dwarf Gouramies are a good fish to cycle a tank with. The ones we have seem to be very sensetive to water parameter changes, and susceptable to disease, we have had to permanently house them in the 10 gal Qt tank because they seemed to be constantly sick in the community tank.

Don.

Most reactions

Back