Help needed with replacement hood 100cm x 40cm

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Sherlock221b

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum, and hope this is the most appropriate section to post in.

I have a LightGlo tank with a twin lamp hood 100x40cm which I believe is a euro size made by Hagen (Fluval).

Unfortunately, this is now beyond any further economical or ā€˜Heath Robinsonā€™ type repairs, and the final single working lamp gave up last night.

Iā€™ve been struggling to find a replacement hood, and have scoured the net for hours without any success at all. Noticed on one thread someone suggested any Fluval Deep Duo 1000 hood would fit, but oddly nothing appears on a Google search.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable sized reasonably priced replacement hood.

Thanks in advance.

Could you try making one with acrylic sheet and glue for acrylic? Go for thicker because the thin ones bend over time

Make one, i had a custom tank built so i had to. Do you have a sliding glass panel on the top of your tank to stop evaporation and jumpers.

Mine does, so I used some pine to make a nice surround and then some flat ply panels as a top, plenty of varnish keeps them good. Lighting is up to you, water resistant flouresants from an electrical wholesaler went in mine.

Just fitted it all to a frame that sits on the glass and the pine sits slightly outside of the glass and lower to hide the frame.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back