Help Needed Please...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Still no improvement today. The only thing I can think of is that added a few shrimps for the angels the other day and that they were carrying something?? Just a thought been racking my little brain to think of how it could have started.
If you added freshwater shrimp to your tank, then the water they were in might have been infected and contained a few parasites. These have since multiplied and caused the infection.
If you added brineshrimp then they won't have introduced anything because they are kept in saltwater and although the parasite lives in fresh, brackish and saltwater, it cannot survive the change from fresh to salt or vice versa.

edited to add something about the no improvement statement :)
If it is whitespot then it will take a couple of days before the spots fall off the fish. You should start to notice a difference tomorrow or the next day. The fish should start to lose the spots. If you have medication in the tank then it will kill the parasites before they get a chance to re-infect the fish.

O NO!!!....

I have just turned the light on (the tanks been in total darkness to try and aid) to give them a feed and the Red Tailed Shark is laying on his side!!! There is no sign of any spots white or brown but he is obviously really troubled.

I can only think it is to do with the meds so have shuffled around and he is in an hospital tank.

Pleco is still the same which I suppose is better than what could have happened but he is still covered in these brown spots.

Gosh what a week this has been.

I am just praying this does not spread to others in the tank.

The shrimp I put in Dave are fresh water I think and I am most definatly wondering if it has anything to do with them. I always buy them for the Oscars and Angels but I certainly have learnt a big lesson here and will not be tipping the water in anymore. Why have I been so stupid

It's strange that only one fish is affected.
What med are you using. Can you use a bacterial med with it.

Check the instructions to see if you can use a bacerial med with the Contraspot

It's strange that only one fish is affected.
What med are you using. Can you use a bacterial med with it.

Check the instructions to see if you can use a bacerial med with the Contraspot

mmmmm....doesn't say one way or another...

Ok.
If no improvement in the next day or so get back to the board.

I just want to say a BIG thankyou to everyone who advised on treating my Pleco with his mysterious brown spots especially Wilder, you were absolutly brilliant.

He is now back to normal and all the other fish (apart from the Red Tailed Shark that unfortunatly swam over the rainbow bridge) luckily did not succumb to the Plecos bad outbreak of Pleco acne!!

Many many thanks :flowers:

R.I.P.
Glad he's better.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back