Help! Need To Know What I Need To Set Up Tank!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

oops im in UK and have no basement! :rolleyes:

but in my kitchen my washer (as you call it) is right next to my sink, and all plumbing there! what about the tank needed for storing RO water tho?

oops im in UK and have no basement! :rolleyes:

but in my kitchen my washer (as you call it) is right next to my sink, and all plumbing there! what about the tank needed for storing RO water tho?

Well, I know little about UK plumbing, so forgive me if I'm useless in that matter :lol:

You can store RO water in whatever you want. 5g buckets, plastic bins for organizing junk, old milk jugs, you name it. Those little 5g tanks you see selling with RO units are volume tanks so that there's always on-demand pressure. They're designed for faucet-type RO units for people who live out in the boonies and have to filter their own well water to make it drinking-safe :). As they're only 5g, they're not very useful for most marine applications where larger storage is helpful :)

:good: seem to know what i need!

jeez the research and reading into nearly everything needed and why its needed and where it goes! :crazy:

im exhausted now, and havent even started setting up tank yet :hyper:

Hehe, get used to it :).

One last note, make sure the RO unit you buy has a flush kit. These really help with longterm membrane life.

silica sand is perfectly fine, just ugly compared to the much more natural looking aragonite stuff.

cheers! we're gonna go with aragonite sand, dont want to do everything right and have a mistake with the sand :rolleyes:

i have all my stuff ordered and just to wait for delivery :drool:

:hyper:

Most reactions

Back