Help. Need Advice For Extremely Ill Pleco..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TwoTankAmin said:
Prime causes false ammonia reading because it neutralizes ammonia making it non-toxic. You need to test very soon after dosing the Prime into a tank to get a decent reading. The way prime works and the way the test kits work cause the false reading.

As far as I can tell the only chance you really had was to try the meds I suggested. Those would work in the water and do not need to be fed.

Have a read here which is the site I linked you to above. there are two articles there relevant to the meds and your prblem.Here is a quick quote from one:

The hydra-killing Flubendazole that I used in my office aquarium to eradicate hydra led me to a larger realization. The “wasting” fish in that tank seemed to become cured when I added Flubendazole to the water. Whoa! This was quite a remarkable revelation. My intent was to remove the hydra and any possible nematodes and, to my surprise, the disease I have found to be associated with a particular protozoan species was cured.
from http://www.inkmkr.com/Fish/FlubendazoleArticle.pdf

Read this one as well http://www.inkmkr.com/Fish/FlubendazoleTreatment.pdf

Fluval-1200 said:
Have you bare bottomed the tank yet?

looking-glass said:
from that picture he looks like hes improved so fingers crossed :) at an un educated guess i would imagine the pinks skin is a good sign, just like when a scab first come of our skin or something like that

AshleyNZ said:
Really hoping he gets better... all the best :)

looking-glass said:
super plec :) just need him to start eating now :)
Unfortunately my beloved Old Man River passed away this afternoon.. He was alive this morning but I just got home and checked him and he's gone. I had just gotten Flubendazole from the man that TwoTankAdmin recommended to me but it was too late.. Too many failed attempts at wrong medications and not being able to pinpoint what exactly was wrong with him.. I'm in tears. My poor fighter.

Thank you for the help everyone..

Sorry to hear it it, jackie- I wish I had posted sooner and been more emphatic, might have helped.

TwoTankAmin said:
Sorry to hear it it, jackie- I wish I had posted sooner and been more emphatic, might have helped.
Not your fault, I thank you for your help.. In fact, which I found very strange, the man/website you recommended to me.. After emailing with him, I found out he actually was in the same area as me.. St. Louis,MO! He's about a 30 min drive from my home. I found that very odd. I'm glad I know about him now for the future!

So sorry. You did what you could, sometimes it's just not enough. Rest in peace.
rip.gif

such a shame :( u did all you could though he would have gone a long time ago if you hadn't of helped him :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back