Help Me Make A Community Tank!

Gurglar

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey all starting back up on this hobby haven't been on here for a while and just wanna get some help on what fish I should put in my 35 gallon tank.

I've got 15 neon tetras in there and thats all for now, well I think its 15 I asked for 10 and paid for 10 got home and there was about 15 pretty hard to count because they move to dam fast!

Now i've got my other 5 gallon tank setup as a quarantine tank for when I add some new fish and what not.

But yeah I just wanna hear some opinions on what other fish I should put in with them in the future, all i've got so far that i'm thinking of are some albino cory's, how many would be best I know they like to be in a group so I was thinking 4 or 5? Is that enough?

I was also thinking a male dwarf gourami but not to sure if they would be fine with tetras, are they alright to be kept with tetras?

So yeah give me your opinions on what fish and how many I should put in to have a bright community tank. I'm also slowly building up the plants in there aswell so it will be partly planted but will have room.

Thanks.
 
Hey all starting back up on this hobby haven't been on here for a while and just wanna get some help on what fish I should put in my 35 gallon tank.

I've got 15 neon tetras in there and thats all for now, well I think its 15 I asked for 10 and paid for 10 got home and there was about 15 pretty hard to count because they move to dam fast!

Now i've got my other 5 gallon tank setup as a quarantine tank for when I add some new fish and what not.

But yeah I just wanna hear some opinions on what other fish I should put in with them in the future, all i've got so far that i'm thinking of are some albino cory's, how many would be best I know they like to be in a group so I was thinking 4 or 5? Is that enough?

I was also thinking a male dwarf gourami but not to sure if they would be fine with tetras, are they alright to be kept with tetras?

So yeah give me your opinions on what fish and how many I should put in to have a bright community tank. I'm also slowly building up the plants in there aswell so it will be partly planted but will have room.

Thanks.


Hey all starting back up on this hobby haven't been on here for a while and just wanna get some help on what fish I should put in my 35 gallon tank.

I've got 15 neon tetras in there and thats all for now, well I think its 15 I asked for 10 and paid for 10 got home and there was about 15 pretty hard to count because they move to dam fast!

Now i've got my other 5 gallon tank setup as a quarantine tank for when I add some new fish and what not.

But yeah I just wanna hear some opinions on what other fish I should put in with them in the future, all i've got so far that i'm thinking of are some albino cory's, how many would be best I know they like to be in a group so I was thinking 4 or 5? Is that enough?

I was also thinking a male dwarf gourami but not to sure if they would be fine with tetras, are they alright to be kept with tetras?

So yeah give me your opinions on what fish and how many I should put in to have a bright community tank. I'm also slowly building up the plants in there aswell so it will be partly planted but will have room.

Thanks.


Hey all starting back up on this hobby haven't been on here for a while and just wanna get some help on what fish I should put in my 35 gallon tank.

I've got 15 neon tetras in there and thats all for now, well I think its 15 I asked for 10 and paid for 10 got home and there was about 15 pretty hard to count because they move to dam fast!

Now i've got my other 5 gallon tank setup as a quarantine tank for when I add some new fish and what not.

But yeah I just wanna hear some opinions on what other fish I should put in with them in the future, all i've got so far that i'm thinking of are some albino cory's, how many would be best I know they like to be in a group so I was thinking 4 or 5? Is that enough?

I was also thinking a male dwarf gourami but not to sure if they would be fine with tetras, are they alright to be kept with tetras?

So yeah give me your opinions on what fish and how many I should put in to have a bright community tank. I'm also slowly building up the plants in there aswell so it will be partly planted but will have room.

Thanks.
 
the corys will be fine in the numbers you have said and the gourami will be fine but if I were you I would add a female for him to show off to or he will fade. other siutabe fish would be red finned sharks - not red tailed- only one of them- ottocinclus and most species of barbs (not tiger) and danios. kribensis and apistos will aslo brighten it up. hope this helps!
 
check out my sig...your size is pretty close to mine.


i would like to suggest a community invert. find a cool shrimp that can live amoungst your fish. my flower shrimp is about 3 inches and is always out and about cleaning my sand
 
Thanks some cherry barbs look pretty cool so maybe some of them. I might not get a dwarf gourami thinking abit more.

How would some platies go in there and is it alright to just keep males and no females or females and no males so they don't breed or will that end up in fights? How many of those should be kept together?

I was also thinking maybe another type of tetra like rummynose or black neon or something?
 

Easiest thing would be for you to go to your LFS and write down the names of all the fish you like that are available to you in your local area,
Once we know this we can make suggestions on what you could keep together

At present time though you have loads of options, but as you already have neons you are obviously looking at quite peaceful fish

you could maybe look into the possiblity of doing a SA themed tank
south american theme - tetras, corys, ottos, britlenose, dwarf cichlids

or just a general community of
tetras, rasboras, livebearers,
Or tetras, gouramis, barbs
etc. etc.
 
carefull of some barbs they can cause a few problems (behavior). If you like tiger barbs - try pentazonan barbs can be similar looking but a calmer nature.
 
All I can say is don't rush with your selection! If you do you'll seriously regret it when you walk into your LFS and see a gorgeous fish and can't have it because of fish you have already stuck in for the sake of it!
I think cories, and a small pl#co ( I've got a gorgeous gold nugget dam thing is always hidden though!) like a bristle nose is always a good way to go! make sure your substrate is fine and you have some wood if you do! becareful when sticking livebearers in like platies or guppies coz those things breed like crazy! black neons are nice! I think the best option is def go down to your LFS and check out the fish, see which you like the most and go from there
 
Thats a good idea. Have a look around first and buy with moderation. I advice to never stock a tank to its max capacity just incase!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top