Help! Injured RES

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
This is my friend’s RES and he’s injured please help. This picture is from his camera so there is no way to get a better picture.

Attachments

• AE7288A1-EE2E-44D3-AC88-F3CEDB47B778.jpeg
    AE7288A1-EE2E-44D3-AC88-F3CEDB47B778.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 7428AEEC-1100-4C34-83A2-57EC7856333B.jpeg
    7428AEEC-1100-4C34-83A2-57EC7856333B.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 122
His tank mates are common snapping turtle, the same size as him live together for about 10 months
I told my friend to not get snapping turtle as tank mates but he never listen.

You can use hydrogen peroxide to clean the wound with a q-tip and clean water to rinse. Keep him separate and in clean water. Dry him off and treat the wound with a topical iodine solution at least once a day. If you do not have access to iodine you can use salt water solution. The big thing is to keep him clean until he heals. Make sure the water is kept clean, he can go in the water just wait until the treatment drys and wipe off the excess. Good luck

You can use hydrogen peroxide to clean the wound with a q-tip and clean water to rinse. Keep him separate and in clean water. Dry him off and treat the wound with a topical iodine solution at least once a day. If you do not have access to iodine you can use salt water solution. The big thing is to keep him clean until he heals. Make sure the water is kept clean, he can go in the water just wait until the treatment drys and wipe off the excess. Good luck
It's died, it's my friends turtle so it's hard to tell him. Hes in Vietnam .

Do you think common snapper bite him?

It is very possible, we have them here and they are aggressive. You do not want one biting you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back