Help Id This Cichlid

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

even though he's bigger than her oscar, it was instantly obvious that wasn't a good match.

:good:

_cRaCkEr_, what makes you so sure its not a Livingstonii ? I keep all three mentioned species, and looking at them I'd say it was almost definitely a Livingstonii. Paterning is not uniform enough to be a venustus and not speckled enough to be a Polystigma.

Cheers,

Mark.

_cRaCkEr_, what makes you so sure its not a Livingstonii ? I keep all three mentioned species, and looking at them I'd say it was almost definitely a Livingstonii. Paterning is not uniform enough to be a venustus and not speckled enough to be a Polystigma.

Cheers,

Mark.

Dude look at my first post.. what I said was "Very nice nimbochromis livingstoni from Lake Malawi. Looks like he's ready to breed."

Mamafish was the one who said it wasn't a Livingstoni :D

I wouldn't say it was a ready to breed livingstoni as they become blue when ready to breed, the same with the polystigma, I would say that the blotches resemble the livingstoni while the colours on the fins resemble the polystigma??????? possibly a crossbreed between both species.

have never kept the polystigma so its only a thought!!!!!! :good:

cracker, stop being a CRACKER HEAD, I never said I was any type of expert so dont try and flame the situation, I still dont think it's a livingstoni, a type of nimbochromis yes but IMHO it's not a livingstoni.

cracker, stop being a CRACKER HEAD, I never said I was any type of expert so dont try and flame the situation, I still dont think it's a livingstoni, a type of nimbochromis yes but IMHO it's not a livingstoni.

he might be a cracker head, but you my friend sound like u are ON crack

thank you

Most reactions

Back