Help Id New Plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chicosci

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi I bought some plants in my LFS. I was not able to ask the names of the plants i bought. I tried looking online but no luck id'ing my new plants. 

1st plant is this: The one with reddish leaves.
2nb7.jpg

2nd Plant is this:

b5dh7.jpg

Next time i will ask my LFS but hope you can help me. :)

Thank you in advance.

1st plant looks like Ludwigia arcuata
IDK about the second I never seen it before.

Where do you buy your plants and pets at cartimar?
Im in Mindanao and I find it hard to get a few aquatic plants here in My city,

Hi DerpPH.

Thanks for the id for the first one. :)

Yep cartimar and High street at the fort. Pet city has branches on both. They have lots of aquatic plants. Im not sure if they ship in mindanao. 

chicosci said:
Hi DerpPH.

Thanks for the id for the first one.
smile.png

Yep cartimar and High street at the fort. Pet city has branches on both. They have lots of aquatic plants. Im not sure if they ship in mindanao. 
Pet city is the best place to get quality plants and fish. been to carti and I was amazed. They do ship but it needs a minimum purchase of 4000 pesos

I think the second one might be Proserpinaca paulustris 'Cuba', and it's quite a nice plant by the looks of it!

Hi fm1978, Thanks. Looks the same. 

Hi DerpPH,
About the 1st picture. Im not sure if its really Ludwigia arcuata. It looks the same but the leaves of the Ludwigia arcuata is thinner than from what i have so im not sure if its the same. and wow 4k minimum thats quite steep hehe

1st one could be Hygrophila sp. 'Araguaia', perhaps.

chicosci said:
Hi fm1978, Thanks. Looks the same. 

Hi DerpPH,
About the 1st picture. Im not sure if its really Ludwigia arcuata. It looks the same but the leaves of the Ludwigia arcuata is thinner than from what i have so im not sure if its the same. and wow 4k minimum thats quite steep hehe
yup. hard to get a hold of good plants

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back