Help Id My Fish!

robert.sadler

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey there all

I got a new tank today off gumtree for the bargain price of £50

The tank came with the stand lights filter heater pump the works!

However!

It also came with 4 fish and I'm not sure what they are

There are:
Two catfish
One Plec
One "silver shark"

So I was wondering if you could ID them for me

The pics aren't great but hopefully I'll get more over the coming days

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00318-1.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00314.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00311.jpg


Cheers

Robert
 
looks like a bala shark, and maybe pictus cat fish and I think a common pleco?
 
I agree.

I'd also say get rid of ALL of these fish.

The Bala and Plec will both become too large for your aquaria and the Pictus are much too active to be kept in such a small tank.
Besides, they will be aggressive towards any smaller fish you decide to put in there with them.
 
Cool I thought about as much to be honest with you with regards to the potential size of the fish and what not.

The guy I got them from was pretty vague.

I new I recognised the shark but couldn't put my finger on the name lol

I plan to make this a big livebearer tank so I reckon I'll take all 4 fish to my LFS tomorrow and see what I can get.

The plan for this tank is to put a shoal of cories in there then a load of platy's and maybe eventually a couple of blue rams.
 
Sure am I'm going to go for a whole load of nice long vallis I reckon just really fill out the back with that then I'm not sure of the fron are yet.

Does anyone know what I should expect from my LFS for these fish?

I'm happy to take store credit but was wondering how much people would expect?

Cheers

Robert
 
I live in California and the stores here usually give 1/3 of what they would sell it for.
 
Robert: If all you get for the fish is an empty tank that is ready for the fish you want, I figure you are ahead. Around here, not all fish can be given away to the lfs. Some are afraid of what the fish might bring to their tanks.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top