Help. Guppy Behavior Change

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wwakefield2

Reaction score
I have 3 fancy guppies (1 male, and 2 females) and 1 male black molly in a 5 g tank. They where all swimming normal until this morning one of the females has started staying on the bottom of the tank. Help?

unfortunately , I don't know exactly what is wrong, All I can tell you, is that when I tried to house guppies in my 5 gal it did not work out. do you have a heater and filter? are you doing proper water changes? I am new to this hobbie and unfortunately can not be of much help, just trying to give you my own advice from personal experiences.

If you can answer these it would help to figure out why your guppy is acting that way.

1. Water parameters. (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, PH, temp', Hardness etc)
2. A full description of the fishes symptoms.
3. How often you do water changes and how much.
4. Any chemicals and treatments you add to the water.
5. What tank mates are in the tank.
6. Tank size.
7. Finally Have you recently added any new fish?

Also how long has the tank set up and what sort of test kit are you using?

welcomeani.gif
 to TFF btw!

I also have to add, 5G is too small for mollies, as they are poop machines.

Hi! The female fish might (just might) be having babies (due to the fact that its just her)! If she is, her stomach might be large and boxy,so the appearance of a fish would really help, could you attach a photo? Thanks! Btw symptoms of her having babies would be her staying still or shivering, staying close to a heater,and not eating food. If the other fish start doing the lie on the bottom thing It's probably not pregnancy then...
Good luck with your fish!    

Most reactions

trending

Back