Help Cleaning Out My Tank!

aibo210

Fish Crazy
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK,England,Derby
Hi

I am starting over my tank as the fish had illnesses that I could not cure or solve what they was. I pulled down my tank a few days ago and have scrubed and cleaned the glass with water only.

I rinsed my eco-compleate then poured boiling water over it. I dried the tank mostly with a hair dryer after that was hot and close to the glass and seals but the seals did not fully dry.

Since then I have refilled the tank twice with tap water and dosed general tonic and left it to sit.

Im replacing all my media and scrubbing everything down and boiling the rocks. is there anything else I need to do as far as parasites go i feel as I not made a good job at my tank?


I opted not to use chems such as bleach or vinegar as it may affect my eco-complete.


Sorry for the long winded post but need to make sure them bugs have been blasted!


Thanks guys!
 
Hi

I am starting over my tank as the fish had illnesses that I could not cure or solve what they was. I pulled down my tank a few days ago and have scrubed and cleaned the glass with water only.

I rinsed my eco-compleate then poured boiling water over it. I dried the tank mostly with a hair dryer after that was hot and close to the glass and seals but the seals did not fully dry.

Since then I have refilled the tank twice with tap water and dosed general tonic and left it to sit.

Im replacing all my media and scrubbing everything down and boiling the rocks. is there anything else I need to do as far as parasites go i feel as I not made a good job at my tank?


I opted not to use chems such as bleach or vinegar as it may affect my eco-complete.


Sorry for the long winded post but need to make sure them bugs have been blasted!


Thanks guys!

Sounds good.

I would also clean out the filter housing as well. You should be able to take the impeller out of the motor, and clean all that out.

Basically anything that comes in contact with the water should be cleaned. Even the hood, as water will splash up there, and who knows if that will pose any threat or not, so clean your hood/lights as well.

And like you said, do not use any detergents/cleaning aid other than water. And anything that can be placed in boiling water is a must. Boiling water will kill any organisms that it comes in contact with.

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top