Help catfish arnt moving

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

GabbyCat12

Reaction score
image.jpg
Help just did a water change and my catfish started freaking out and now they arnt moving!!! Ammonia level is 0.25. I also just changed the filter tubes. They are moved to a hospital tank so it’s usually not this small!!
Edit: they passed :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Did you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank?
How are the other fishes reacting?

Add a double dose of dechlorinater to the tank and increase aeration/ surface turbulence.

-----------------

You need some sand or fine gravel on the bottom so the fish can't see their reflection and feel more comfortable.

Pictus catfish can reach 8 inches in length, need to be in groups of at least 6 and eat small fish. If the fish recover, maybe return it to the shop and get something more appropriate.

Did you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank?
How are the other fishes reacting?

Add a double dose of dechlorinater to the tank and increase aeration/ surface turbulence.

-----------------

You need some sand or fine gravel on the bottom so the fish can't see their reflection and feel more comfortable.

Pictus catfish can reach 8 inches in length, need to be in groups of at least 6 and eat small fish. If the fish recover, maybe return it to the shop and get something more appropriate.
Yes I’m aware they need sand and stuff I transferred them to this tank temporarily since the catfish started dying. I have more catfish just only these two freaked out and died. All my other fish are fine and the water doesn’t have anything bad it in.

All my other fish are fine and the water doesn’t have anything bad it in.
So ammonia is a good thing now?

You need to remove that. Sounds like you may have killed your filter.

Does your source water show ammonia? If so, that would be where it came from.

Most reactions

Back