Help Bogwood Critters!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ADW1988

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi there, I need help

So I ordered some bogwood online and it turned up within 24 hrs and in great shape. However, I spotted 2 (so far) tiny little worm like critters. One was white and one was a whitey orange colour. They are 1mm big so tiny and poke their head up out of the wood..

I will get some pics up if I can but they hard to catch. :(.

Thanks

Sorry don't know what they are but I put every thing in boiling water for 24-48hrs before I put in my tank. This should kill of all parasites and any nasties you can't see. Just keep your boiling bucket toped up with boiling kettle water.

Thanks baker360 would this not kill the attached Anubis nana?

You'd have to take any plants off before you do the hot water treatment.

It will be worth it, though, not to have any unwanted creatures getting into your tank!

ADW1988 said:
Thanks baker360 would this not kill the attached Anubis nana?
As fm said yes take it off, it will cook otherwise lol. I also have bogwood with attached Anubis nana, looks good dosent it :)

Yhh it really does. Will be great when the leaves grow more too. Is it easy to detach and re-attach? Thanks for the advice both of you! Will certainly do that now :).
Do you add any plant treatments to help growth?

Also have a java miss coconut shell which looks great too and my panda corys love it :)

ADW1988 said:
Yhh it really does. Will be great when the leaves grow more too. Is it easy to detach and re-attach? Thanks for the advice both of you! Will certainly do that now :).Do you add any plant treatments to help growth?Also have a java miss coconut shell which looks great too and my panda corys love it :)
Never tried to unattach before and no I have never used any aids/fertilisers ( not saying that they don't work) I now only have this 1 plant as I've got cichlids so mostly rocks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back