Help! Anubias Barteri

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Just wondering, I have a UFO550 tank.. just researched and I believe the light is only 11w? Maybe its 22w if there are two bulbs? Is this sufficient for this tank with plant growth?

Does the tank have LED lighting or fluorescent tubes?

The usual so many watts per litre/gallon doesn't apply to LED lights. For these you need the PAR rating, though finding out what that is for any specific LED is not easy.

Google suggests you have those PL tubes rather than the classic fluorescent tube? Just one 11 watt lamp does sound a bit too low powered for a 100 litre tank. Is it possible to add another tube or is there just the one lamp socket?

Sorry, I should have said what I meant by PL. It's those double tubes in your link that plug in at one end. Most fluorescent tubes are long single tubes that have connectors at each end, and that's the type sold in most fish shops. PL tubes are not as common.

To add more, you'd need another socket to plug a tube into. They don't seem to make the tubes more powerful than 11 watts.

You may need to wait until another member with this kind of light can suggest the best way to go.

I am not, by any means, a plant expert. But my feeling is that 11 watts of fluorescent light on a 100 litre tank is not enough. I once had a 54 litre tank which had a 15 watt fluorescent tube and my old 125 litre tank had 2 x 18 watt tubes, which is why I feel yours is underpowered for the tank.

Just found out that Anubias is low light...maybe its not the issue. Heres an updated photo

The tall things in the background have grown like mad

Attachments

• 20201009_074116.jpg
    20201009_074116.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 91
Use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive at half the dose twice a week or full dose once a week.

Yea doing that mate, I was listening haha. Thinking maybe to cut that leaf off now I'm adding the comprehensive

Yea doing that mate, I was listening haha. Thinking maybe to cut that leaf off now I'm adding the comprehensive
If you give the leaf a gentle tug and it comes away then fine, otherwise I wouldn't cut it, unless you find it particularly offensive!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back