hello!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

gr8kingrat

Reaction score
Hello all-
This is my first time to this forum. I found a lot of helpful information. :D I've been away from the tropical fish hobby for 7 years now..but I'm looking to get back in it. I just bought myself a 55 gallon tank. I'll be working on it for the next several weeks. I'll be posting pictures of my progress! :) Any tips for me??

thanks
dave

gr8kingrat said:
Hello all-
This is my first time to this forum. I found a lot of helpful information. :D I've been away from the tropical fish hobby for 7 years now..but I'm looking to get back in it. I just bought myself a 55 gallon tank. I'll be working on it for the next several weeks. I'll be posting pictures of my progress! :) Any tips for me??

thanks
dave
:hyper: WOW! 55 gallon, really cool! I just got a 33 gallon... and I was impressed by that (still am). I just finished stocking it with some fish. I've got a nice mix of smaller tropicals. I decided not to go for the Oscars... Anyways, welcome! If you get pics of your aquarium, post the link! I'd love to see what you do with it...

hi nice to have you on board as it where, as for advice im starting up again myself and my main advice is pretty obviouse. Thats to take as much time doing things as is possible. not to rush into things as is soo tempting with settups. if you lay it alll out right when you set it up and take care of all the components before you put them together, the water will turn out to be higher quality, the layout will fit your taste more and the fish will be much happyer. also make shure you have every thing ready for the fish before you get them and start of with smaller fish i hate to say testing fish because they should allways live. apart from that good luck and happy fish keeping this seems to be one of the best places to ask any sort of question.

Hi gr8kingrat...Welcome to the forum... :D You'll probably get more responses to your question in the beginner Questions section, but I will recomend 2 things:
fasten your airlines down before putting gravel in (or before water if you plan to silicone them)...I always kick myself after I'm all done for not hiding the airlines first.
try to figure out what type of fish you are going to get...then design the surroundings for them.

HTH.

Don

Most reactions

Back