Hello

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mbuna Dave

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

As a newbie i would like to say a few things about myself.

My name is Dave and i am from the good ole UK.Lancashire to be exact.
I am 42 (cough cough) years old.

I used to keep tropical fish about 20 years ago,back then i had three tanks scattered around my mum and dads house.I have kept a wide variety of fish throught that time.

I then bought my own house and got myself a three foot tank,then got married.
Subsequently i moved house and had to let the tank go.

Now,five years into married life i want to rekindle my love of aqautic life.
I have just ordered and paid for a brand new Juwel vision 260 tank and the delivery will be this coming friday,just in time for christmas.I cannot wait. :drool:

There are a few questions i would like to know but i will post them in the right place so for now its cheerio and hope to speak to some of you later.

Dave.

Welcome to Tropical Fish Forums. I hope you find the information on here useful, and you make friends with all the members and staff here. ;)

Hi Dave
Welcome to the forums
That tank will give you plenty of options :)

Thats why i chose it Weaver,not only is it a decent size but looks stunning with the inbuilt cabinet.

Not cheap though. :-(

Its definetly not the cheapest hobby to start but its well worth it.You are wise going for a big tank though .It is a lovely feature and you wont be thinking in 2 months"Why didnt I get a bigger one".I started with a 2ft and have been stepping up in size ever since--needless to say that Ive still kept all the smaller ones! :D

I went that route when i first started Weaver 20 years ago.My first tank was a 2 footer then i got a 3 footer and then i got myself a 4 footer.Then i left home to buy my own and the tanks had to go.

I did get a 3 foot tank in my first house but nothing felt quite right so i gave it up when i moved into the house i now live in.

But now its time to get myself one to be very proud,i want to create a stunning beautiful landscaped aquarium that will be the envy of everyone,and with the help of you guys here i am sure that it can be done.

Dave. :)

Most reactions

Back