Hello! Suggestions?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tightrope10

Reaction score
Hi! I am a young animal enthusiast from PA. I have saved up 400$ (lots and lots of chores) to buy another pet. This time I'm thinking fish, and I was wondering how many gallons could I get with that money and still be able to afford cool fish (suggestions on what kind?), plants, and a heater.

Thanks! :)

You could get a 55 gallon kit for around $200. That comes with everything you need to get started, except.a stand, substrate and decorations.

Yeah, I bought a 55 gal kit and stand last year and love it. the starter kits include everything you need to set up straight away. If i rememeber right, i spent around 500$ for the kit, stand, and decor (ended up changing my mind on decor, wasting a bunch of money :lol:

If youre serious about starting fishkeeping... DO YOUR HOMEWORK!! this site is a GREAT place to start with that.

There are so many decisions to be made as far as fish go... just do some research and make smart decisions!

best of luck :)

Thanks-55 gallons is more than I thought! The fish I could get... Oh this will be fun =)

of course there are smaller tank kits out there. 5, 10, 15, 20, 29, think ive seen 30 somethings, 55 totally depends on what youre looking for! imo 55 are easier to take care of as far as water chemistry. the smaller the tank, the more work (generally) it takes to keep things stable.

Most reactions

trending

Back